Friday, September 29, 2017

9/29/17 Fourth Grade Blog

9/29/17

Dear Fourth Grade Families,
Despite the heat, we have had a wonderful week! Here is what we have been doing...

Reading:  We are practicing note taking and comparing characters with the book, Ruby Holler.  Students are VERY engaged in this text!  We encourage you to ask your student about what is happening in the story.

Writing:  We spent the week learning strategies to make our Personal History Cards better through editing and revising.  Yesterday, we started our final copies!  When finished, students will present and they will be displayed in our hall.

Upcoming Dates:
10/5                   All School Hike
10/6 & 10/9       No School


High/Low

High- lessons are starting for instruments
High- I start lessons on Tuesday
Low- It’s kinda cold out
High- It’s Friday
Low- We are done with the ropes course
Low- We are finished the low ropes course
High- We are doing our Personal History Cards and drawing is my favorite!  Low ropes course too.
High- I got my clarinet
Low- I missed the last day of the ropes course
High- It’s the last day of the ropes course
High- It’s been really good at recess, I filled my sticker chart, and we got a new thing at PE
Low- we had to write a lot of stuff on our Personal History Cards
High- I finished the writing yesterday
Low- Six people couldn’t finish the seesaw at the ropes course
High- I have five dollars on my sticker chart
Low- we are done with the ropes course
High- I might be getting my instrument today
Low- I didn’t get it sooner
High- I got a clarinet from my cousin and have been playing on it.  I presented at school wide morning meeting and my mother, father, and grandmother were there.
Low- we are done with the ropes course
High- I get my violin today
Low- it’s been cold
High- we got to go on the teeter totter
Low- the ropes course is over
High- I’m getting my saxophone next week
Low- the ropes course is over
Low- someone stole my sticker chart
High- It’s Friday
Low- we got kicked out of our fort
Low- the ropes course is over and we can’t use the zipline any  more
High- it’s Friday, I got bus Student of the Month
Low- ropes course is done and we are starting soccer
High- I’m getting picked up early
High- I got Student of the Month
Low- we are done with the ropes course
High- It’s Friday
Low- we are done with the ropes course
Low- it’s Friday and I don’t want school to end
High- I’m on the sketching part of my project
High- It warmed my heart to see kids doing their own Venn diagrams to take notes and compare characters
Low- It was hot and gross all week!
High- How hard kiddos worked on their projects

Low- How hot it was





No comments:

Post a Comment