Friday, September 22, 2017

9/22/17 Fourth Grade

9/22/17

Dear Fourth Grade Families,

We have had a wonderful week of learning!  Here is what we have been doing:

Reading:  We have started a new read aloud, Ruby Holler.  We will be using this book to practice organizing our thinking, comparing and contrasting characters, as well as using evidence from the text to support our thinking.

Writing:  We went on a capitalization hunt in our independent reading books to determine the rule for when you need to capitalize a letter.  We then went through our Personal History Cards to edit them for capitalization errors.  Next week we will work on revising the sentences we wrote for our cards.

High/Low

High- I couldn’t do the ropes course on Tuesday
Low- I got hurt on the ropes course
High- Getting to do the ropes course
High- It’s Friday
High- We went to the ropes course, we get to take a picture
Low- I almost fell of the line on the ropes course
High- We are learning a new song in  bucket drumming, next band we get our instruments
High- Learning a new song in bucket drumming, in art we are doing hands
Low- I messed up my hand
High- the ropes course
Low- we haven’t been able to go to the lower field at recess
HIgh- I missed school on Monday for the Big E, back with my friends, getting my clarinet
Low- no lower field forts
High- I finally got the rhythm for a song in bucket drumming
High- we went to the ropes course
Low- we can’t go to the lower field
High- Rauli and I had a good time in music class
Low- we didn’t get a chance to go on the lines on the ropes course
High- The ropes course
High- it’s Friday
Low- I hit my head on the slide
High- the ropes course, and it’s Friday
High- The ropes course
Low- we can’t go to the lower field
High- We were able to go to the ropes course
Low- no lower field at recess
High- going to the ropes course
High- We got to go on the ropes course
High- Getting instruments
High- We have orchestra today
Low- we haven't been able to go to the lower field
High- we get to do the ropes course
Low- we can’t go to the lower field
High- we got to do the ropes course and it’s Friday
Low- the scratch on my foot from the ropes course
High- The nice weather we’ve been having for recess
Low- not enough time to get everything done
High- starting the new read aloud

Low- Ms. Franklin is out!



No comments:

Post a Comment