Friday, September 8, 2017

9/8/17 Fourth Grade Blog

9/8/17

Dear Fourth Grade Families,
We are so excited to be working with your students again this year.  We are amazed at how quickly they are back into the routines and are hard at work!  We have had a great start!  Here's what we have been doing:

Reading:  We are working on responding to prompts in our reader's notebooks.  We are reading, Tales  of a Fourth Grade Nothing and working on identifying characters emotions and providing evidence from the text to support our thoughts.

Writing:  We are building up our writing stamina and updating our writer's notebooks to better reflect us as writer's now.  Students will be moving into a new Personal History Project next week.  Paperwork went home today!  This paperwork is due back 9/15.

High/Lows of the week:

High- I am going to play the trumpet
Low- I didn’t get the elective I wanted
High- I brought my permission slip for Tunbridge
High- We get to go to the lower field for recess
Low- I lost my permission slip
High- We have been working on a fort on the lower field
Low- Things are missing from our fourth grade classrooms
High- We get to go to the TUnbridge Fair
High- I am playing the trumpet
Low- Things are missing from our fourth grade classrooms
High- I enjoyed playing with friends on the lower field and I get to play clarinet
Low- I didn’t get the elective I wanted
High- Playing with my friends at lower field, I get to play drums, I get to go to the fair
High- It’s Friday
Low- My charger got stolen
High- We get to go to the Fair
Low- We can’t ride the rides or play the games
High- I got to play xylophone
Low- People keep taking sticks out of the fort
High- I get to play the trombone
High- We get to play instruments in music
High- We get to play instruments
High- It’s Friday
High- We had a fire evacuation drill
High- I am in bucket drumming
Low- Peace tree was knocked over
High- building a new part of our fort
Low- Can’t go to the lower field much longer
High- I am done my science test
High- We had a fire drill
Low- I thought it would be way louder
High- It’s Friday
Low- I didn’t get to see the video at the end of the year
High- We are going to the fair
Low- We don’t have our forts all to ourselves
High- I might play an instrument
Low- I don’t have a permission slip for the fair
High- I will be showing horses at the fair
High- I brought my permission slip in for the fair
Low- the fire drill
High- It’s Friday
Low- going to the fair
High- We are back with our third grade teachers
High- Getting to spend the week with fourth grade
Low- I misplaced my art project
High- How we were able to pick up right where we left off

Low- Missing the last part of the day today for a meeting





No comments:

Post a Comment