Friday, October 27, 2017

10/27/2017 Fourth Grade

10/27/17

Dear Fourth Grade Families,
We have had an exciting and productive week in ELA!  Here is an update:

Humanities:  We are focusing on maps and map skills. Students have gone on a virtual field trip through Google Maps.  We are learning about landforms as well.

We have also started learning about Veteran's Day.  In fourth grade students participate in a writing contest in order to be chosen to be a part of the Veteran's Day celebration in town on 11/11 at 11 am.  Students will be writing an essay on, "Why we should honor our veterans."  We have watched some videos on the history of Veteran's Day and had a couple of classroom conversations.  We encourage students to talk with their families about possible answers to this prompt.  Mr. Kinnarney will choose the winning essays by 11/3.  The top three essay winners will read their essays at the ceremony and 10 students will be chosen to place flowers on the memorial.


High/Low

High- we played Kan Jam, We started our Veteran’s day project
Low- indoor recess
High- Tuesday we can wear costumes
Low- I had to bring in my trumpet too
High- We finished researching our trailblazing scientist
High- We get to wear our costumes, and we got to speak to a scientist
Low- I can’t switch instruments
High- There is band and I finally got to practice!  We met a scientist
High- We are going to have a Halloween party
High- My mom is picking me up today
Low- I can’t wear my costume on Tuesday
High- We are having a Halloween party
Low- I can’t use hair gel
High- We are having a Halloween costume party
High- It’s Friday
High- we had recess and went to the lower field
Low- We couldn’t go back down
High- We had our Halloween party
Low- I left my flute on the bus...again
High- We get to wear costumes and talk to a scientist
Low- I got hit at recess and have a loose tooth
High- We got to talk to the scientist
High- I have strings today, Halloween party, talked to a scientist
Low- indoor recess
High- We are having a Halloween party and can be twins with my friend
Low- I did Steven Hawkins for science class and lost all my information
High- We have our Halloween party on Tuesday and I’m a zombie
Low- Indoor recess
High- Halloween party on Tuesday, I have strings, I’m glad I didn’t miss the bus!
Low- it’s been raining all week and we’ve been inside
High- Done with trailblazing scientist research, indoor recess, we got a swish in Kan jam
Low- It’s a half a day on Halloween
High- We get to play outside today
Low- It’s been raining all week
High- We are having a Halloween party
Low- We aren’t finished with our art project
High- We are going to have a Halloween party on Tuesday and my costume is a surprise
Low- I didn’t get any sleep last night
High- We get to wear our costumes
Low- mine is too big
High- We get to wear our costumes on Tuesday,
High- We have a party on Halloween and finally outdoor recess!
Low- My water bottle spilled in gym
High- Nobody glued in their reader’s notebooks before they were supposed
Low- Nobody got to wear the Dunce cap
High- I have a three day weekend!
Low- I am going to miss a field trip on Monday


 

No comments:

Post a Comment