Friday, January 26, 2018

1/26/2018 Fourth Grade


1/26/2018

Dear Families,
We have had a wonderful week in fourth grade ELA.  Here is an update:

Reading:  We started our nonfiction unit by focusing on the various text structures writers use.  In combination with our study of Vermont we are reading an nonfiction book on Phineas Gage.  We encourage you to ask your student about who Phineas Gage was!

Writing:  We have been focusing on responding to a prompt.  Students are learning how to begin with a 'hook' and provide evidence to support their opinions.

High/Low

High- we got to play Gladiator Ball, we had indoor recess most of this week and could play prodigy
Low- Almost passed out after PE!
High- Being able to do Gladiator Ball, and getting to shelve books with Mrs. Moore
Low- indoor recess, got hit in the eye at gladiator ball
High- Gladiator Ball, we are almost done with ABC book, It’s Friday
Low- indoor recess
High- we played Gladiator Ball!  We are so close to finishing our ABC books
Low- couldn’t go to Mr. Smoller’s
High- Yesterday we did kickball and Gladiator Ball
Low- It’s super sunny out
High- It’s Friday, we played Gladiator Ball
High- We played kickball yesterday, I made a homerun
Low- It’s Friday
High- I was able to be here on Friday and Monday
Low- I have been sick
High- I got Student of the Month and we played Gladiators in PE yesterday
High- I memorized a song on my saxophone, we are almost finished our ABC book
High- We played kickball and Gladiator Ball, It’s Friday
Low- Indoor recess
High- We are one word away from finishing our ABC books and we got our 20 sticker acknowledgment
Low- indoor recess
High- We completed our ABC book just need to format,
Low- we couldn’t go outside all week
High- we are really far into our ABC book
Low- we aren’t finished with it yet, and I was absent when we played kickball and Gladiator Ball
High- I memorized the 50 states
Low- I got a cold
High- I was absent 2 days
Low- I was sick 2 days
High- Indoor recess, I didn’t slip on the ice.
Low- It’s completely icy and cold
High- We played gladiator and kickball
Low- Hard to find all of our letters for our ABC book
High- We played Gladiator Ball in PE and I’m almost done with my ABC book
Low- I was absent one day
High- Starting Phineas Gage
Low- Indoor recess and lots of kids absent
High- Being back with you this week

Low- Phineas Gage description of the accident


No comments:

Post a Comment