Thursday, January 4, 2018

1/4/2018 Third Grade

Dear Families,
We hope you had a wonderful vacation.  We both spent time with our families and were very busy!  It's nice to be back to school and back in the routine of things.  Here is what we have done (so far) this week...

Writing:  We have started a descriptive writing mini unit.  Students were asked yesterday to write about their shoes!  We will use these pieces to learn various strategies authors use to write descriptively.

Reading:  We are starting a new unit on non fiction! 

Social Studies:  We will continue learning about holidays and traditions around the world.

Upcoming Dates
1/15  No School

Since we only had one day of school so far we decided to do our High/Lows on our vacations!

Vacation High/Lows

High- Going to Maine
High- Going snowmobiling with my dad
High- Going to Carter’s house and playing Xbox 2
High- Zackary coming over to my house with Justice and playing Watch Dogs
Low- not playing tablet games
HIgh- Going over to Garrison’s house
High- Getting a new pillow and a new blanket
Low- The cold
High- Having fondue
High- Going to Santa’s Village
Low- it was a long drive
High- Getting a PS3 for Christmas
Low- Not getting to my game
High- getting a new sled
High- getting a hamster for Christmas
Low- missed one day of my tournament to go to Disney on Ice
High- going to my cousin’s house to get a PS2 for Christmas
High- getting new games
Low- the cold
High- Going to Bolton Valley
High- Sledding
High- Getting toys and a game boy
Low- missing one of our games
High- Getting a drone for Christmas
Low- Not flying it
High- Getting a drone
Low- I don’t know how to drive it
High- Getting a Wii
Low- we both broke it
High- New Year’s
Low- getting shot in the eye with a nerf bullet
High- seeing all the presents under the tree
Low- the cold
High having four Christmas’s
Low- Having to try cranberry sauce
High- Spending Christmas and New Year’s with my family
Low- I was sick the whole time!
High- Getting engaged
Low- coming back to the cold
High- My dad visited me for Christmas
Low- I was busy
High- Going to NYC for a concert

Low- Not being able to use my new ski boots because of the cold



No comments:

Post a Comment