Friday, January 19, 2018

1/19/2018 Fourth Grade

Dear Families,
We have had a productive week in humanities!  Here's an update:

Humanities:  We are working on writing thorough responses to prompts using evidence.  To do this, students are working on opinion pieces with the topic, "Who was more important to Vermont, Ira Allen or Ethan Allen." We finished reading How Tia Lola Came to Visit Stay.  We will be moving into our nonfiction unit.


High/Low
High- making plaster masks in elective, brought paper roller coaster home, outdoor recess all week
High- almost done my abc book, found  a cool design
Low- I was sick
High- almost done my abc book, I was absent a day
Low- Missed snowshoeing and skiing
High- nearly finished our abc book
High- we went snowshoeing and skiing
Low- I was sick
High- we are making masks out of plaster, I went skiing without any poles
Low- we’ve had one indoor morning recess
High- we got to go skiing
Low- I was sick yesterday
High- We are doing Happy Birthday on ukulele, we went skiing and snowshoeing
Low- only one indoor morning recess
High- almost done our abc book
High- Mr.  Colin is our guest teacher, We’ve had outdoor recess, we got to go snowshoeing and skiing
High- Mr. Colin is our guest teacher
Low- not done my abc book
High- we are done our abc book, we went skiing and snowshoeing
High- We added extra details to our abc book
Low- lessons were cancelled because Mrs. Maroney was absent
High- skiing and snowshoeing
High- I got to do a lot of work on my abc book
Low- Mrs. Maroney wasn’t here for lessons
High- I get 10 stickers for handing off my skis first and we got 22 stickers
Low- I haven’t gone out for recess
High- I get to go skiing with Ms Jesmouth’s class
Low- I was sick
High- We made masks in 3d art and only 2 more slides to go on my slideshow
High- I get to bring the roller coaster home
Low- not the end of the day yet
High- starting prodigy, flute practice
Low- flute practice
High- I learned how to type not looking at the keyboard
Low- I was really sick this week
High- I started prodigy and I’m in second place, outdoor recess with sleds
Low- I was sick a day
High- Ira/Ethan Allen paragraphs were pretty good for a first effort
High- summarizing Tia Lola

Low- it’s Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment