Thursday, February 21, 2019

2-21-19 Third Grade

2-21-19

Dear Families,
We have had a wonderful week before vacation!  Students have been focused learners and truly exemplifying the Blue Devil Way...we are so impressed!  Here's what we have been doing:

Writing: Students have been working hard on their opinion writing pieces.  We are now ready to type up our final drafts!

Reading:  We finished, Because of Winn Dixie and spent the week watching the movie and comparing the two.  Students have done a wonderful job analyzing characters and thinking about the theme of the text.

Upcoming Dates:
2/25-3/5  Winter Break
3/5  Town Meeting Day
3/15  No School

High/Low

High- we watched Because of Winn Dixie, we had outdoor recess
High- we watched Because of Winn Dixie, we can use the sleds
High- we watched Because of Winn Dixie, we watched a bobsled video
Low- Winn Dixie was sad
High- It’s been warmer, we watched Winn Dixie
Low- I had a bad recess
High- We started cursive
Low- we finished Winn Dixie
High- We finished Winn Dixie, we started cursive
High- we started cursive
High- I am going ice skating today
Low- it’s cold and the snow is icy
High- We finished Because of Winn Dixie
Low- you weren’t here to see it, I missed the first day of it
High- it’s been really fun watching and reading Winn Dixie
Low- it’s cold outside
High- I got to have fun in the snow yesterday with a sled
Low- My sled got taken on the playground
High- I am going ice skating, I didn’t get to finish Winn Dixie
High- We played knockout this morning and I hit a far shot
Low- I kept on getting out
High- We finished Because of Winn Dixie, having outdoor recess
High- I have enjoyed watching you notice the differences between the movie and the book

High- you are rocking your opinion writing pieces!






No comments:

Post a Comment