Friday, January 27, 2017

1/27

1/27/2017

This week was a very exciting week.  We met author, Jason Chin.  Mr. Chin writes and illustrates his books.  We highly encourage you to check out some of his works!  Here's what has been going on in our class:

Writing:
We have drafted our descriptive writing pieces.  Next week we will focus only on the beginning and end of our pieces.  We will learn strategies authors use to hook their readers!

Reading:
We started a Folk Tale unit.  Students are working to identify the moral or lesson in each one.  Next week we will work in reading groups that focus on folk tales.

Important Dates:

2/3/2017 100th Day of School Celebration
2/10/17 Inservice AM and Parent/Teacher conferences PM No School for Students
2/21/17 ONWARD Spaghetti Dinner and Homework Informational Night



High/Low

High: we are all back!
High: we get to go line dancing with Mr. Kinnarney
High: We had a snow day!
High: We can finally play outside because there isn’t much ice!
High: I brought in my reading and filled up my sticker chart
High: I started reading chapter books
High: I get to go line dancing
High: Ms. Franklin and Mrs. T. were gone for a day :)
Low: A lot of people got sent to take a break that day
High: You guys are back
High: Lillian got student of the month
Low: I forgot my reading log
High: I only need 9 stickers
Low: I might not earn enough to go line dancing
High: I’m going line dancing with Mr. Kinnarney
High: I’m the good twin today
Low: the teachers were gone yesterday
High: My sister got student of the month
High: We finally have snow on the playground
High: I get to go to the acknowledgement
Low: only 61 minutes on my reading log
HIgh: We can finally play on the basketball court
Low: Ms. Franklin was gone for a day
High: We got to meet Jason Chin
Low: we finished Edward Tulane
High: Twice this week I got to teach something to the fifth graders
High: I turned in my reading log
High: I got to see you guys
Low: It’s Friday
High: I got student of the month
HIgh: I love seeing the great description in your drafts
Low: I missed yesterday


No comments:

Post a Comment