Friday, January 20, 2017

1/20/2017

Even though it was a short week, we have accomplished a lot!  Here's what we have been up to:

Reading:  We are all enjoying reading and discussing, The Miraculous Adventures of Edward Tulane. We are amazed with the level of conversation that is occuring as we discuss the characters feelings/emotions and how they change over the course of the story.  Ask your child about Edward, the main character, and how he has changed throughout his journey.

Writing: We are working on our descriptive writing pieces.  We are identifying strategies authors use to make their writing more descriptive.  Soon, we will be putting all of these strategies together to rewrite our pieces.

Technology:  Mrs. Moore joined us on Thursday to begin a conversation on Digital Citizenship.  Students will soon have access to their Google accounts and will begin creating Google Docs.

Upcoming Dates:
1/26 All School Morning Meeting
1/26 School wide acknowledgement

High: I got a 4 on my reading log
Low: Missed Monday
High: It felt good that I was missed when I was out
Low: I missed a day of school
High:Ms. Kauffman is back
Low: no school Monday
High: Today is Friday
Low: I missed recess
High: We have PE today
Low: Nick wasn’t here a day
High: I remembered my reading log
High: I brought my reading log in!
High: I passed level 14 in Lexia
High: I am working hard to pass levels in Lexia
High: Passing a level in Lexia
Low: I can’t get on Lexia at home
High: We can go outside
Low: Nick was gone
High: We didn’t have school on Monday!
Low: I hit a lot of people with a sled
High: We got to go sledding yesterday
Low: I slid off the sled and got covered in mud on my shirt
HIgh: I brought in my reading log
High: I woke up at 4 am and finished my homework
Low: Nick wasn’t here one day
High: When Lillian combined sad and glad to create the new word gad!
Low: It’s not Saturday yet
Low: Nick was out

Low: Nick wasn’t here one day this week


No comments:

Post a Comment