Thursday, January 3, 2019

Third Grade 1/3/2019

1/3/2019

Happy New Year!
It's hard to believe that it is already 2019!  Students returned from break rested and ready to learn.  This is an important stretch of learning for us.  Here is what we are up to...

Reading:  We will be finishing up our non-fiction unit with students working in non-fiction book clubs.  Next week we will begin our folktale unit.

Writing:  We will be starting our non-fiction writing unit!  Using the features and writing techniques we learned about in our non-fiction reading unit, students will be creating informational pieces on a subject they are an expert on.

Upcoming Dates:
1/18  Early Release Day
1/21  No School

High/Low
High- we got new play-doh, we got a really long break
High- it’s the new year
Low- it was a long vacation from school
High- I got to the chapter book part of Frog and Toad
Low- I am moving
High- I got to see all of you again after break
Low- I almost got hit at recess today
High- we had a long, long vacation
Low- My leg fell into a deep pile of snow
High- I made up a new game at recess
Low- I tripped on the way to the bus and hurt my knee
High- we got a very long vacation, we got new play-doh
High- we got new play-doh
Low- we didn’t have sign language
High- play-doh
Low- it’s really cold outside, no sign language
High- we got new play-doh, we got to write
High- We did a vacation write
Low- no sign language
High- new play-doh
High- there’s new play-doh
Low- it’s really cold outside
High- I get to be Mr. Bent’s helper
Low- It’s cold outside
High- We got new play-doh and it’s 2019
Low- no sign language
High- it’s 2019
Low- I almost couldn’t get here this morning
High- it’s 2019, we had a vacation
High- We wrote in our writer’s notebooks
Low- I got hurt yesterday at recess
High- It was nice to have a vacation and come back to see you!
Low- Amelia has been missing
High- Being back with everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment