Thursday, December 5, 2019

12/5/19 Third Grade

12/5/19

Dear Families,
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Students have done a wonderful job getting back on track after Experiential Learning and the long weekend.  Here is an update:

Writing:  Our personal narratives are complete!  For this piece we had a few areas we were focusing on.  First, we worked on using a 'storyteller's voice'.  We also learned how to add dialogue to make our stories more interesting.  Finally, we focused on our introductions.  Pieces should be coming home this week!

Reading:  We are learning about celebrations around the world.  Students are reading informational passages and practicing using context clues to fill in missing words.

Upcoming Dates:

12/12- 12/18   Book Fair, more info to come on our buying days etc.
12/17              Winter Concert
12/23-1/1        Winter Break

High/Low
High- we learned about being friends in wellness
Low- we watched a sad movie in wellness
High- we got a new elective
High- we got a new elective
Low- I was gone for half of the elective
High- the high schoolers came and my brother was there
High- in music elective we started to learn the drums
Low- some weren’t following directions
High- I get to be in library elective
High- I’m in art elective and got to color
High- in music elective I figured out the beat on the drums
High- we got new electives
High- the high schoolers came and my brother came
High- we are learning Spanish in our elective
High- we got to color in art elective
High- we got to learn the beat of the drums
High- I get to be in the library elective with Riley
High- the high schoolers came
High- We started the drums
High- we watched a movie and it was sad but good
High- I am in art elective with Gavin
High- we learned in library how to do a bird puzzle
Low- it took me awhile to finish my Lexia level
High- we got a new elective
High- Celebrations around the World
Low- I was gone yesterday and I have to go today too
High- sharing our writing pieces

Low- I still have students not following routines



No comments:

Post a Comment