Thursday, November 21, 2019

11/21/19 Third Grade

11/21/19

Dear Families,
We have had a very productive week despite the unexpected snow day.  We have been so proud of how focused they have been through out all of our learning blocks.  Here is what we have been up to:

Writing:  Students worked on revising their drafts with a partner.  They did a great job of adding, subtracting, changing, or moving parts in order to make their piece better.  We are hoping to have these stories published by tomorrow!  Look for them to be coming home.

Reading:  We have been focusing on close reads about the first Thanksgiving.  Students are learning to find evidence in the passage to support their answers and the importance of rereading to find information.

Upcoming Events:
11/21   Thanksgiving Meal
11/27   No School
11/28   No School
11/29   No School


High/Low

High- the high schoolers came over
High- The high schoolers are coming back today and my brother will be here
High- in PE elective we made cards and cut carrots
High- Making cards and carrots in PE elective
High- we finished our spiderwebs in art elective
High-  the high schoolers are coming down to read again and my cousin is teaching PE
High- the people are coming today to read
High- the high schoolers are coming down
Low- playing in the snow
High- the high schoolers are coming down
High- we sang into the microphone in music elective
Low- I never can think of a low
High- we have the Thanksgiving dinner and the high schoolers are coming down
Low- my cousin isn’t coming to read and my family can’t come to the dinner
High- today is PE
Low- I didn’t get to do revising yesterday
High- my cousin Hayley might come read to us
High- my mom is coming to dinner
High- the high schoolers are coming down 
Low- my brother is not one of them
High- the high schoolers are coming down
Low- my family can’t come to the dinner
High- the high schoolers are coming to read
Low- my family can’t come
High- I have family coming to the dinner
High- there is snow
Low- my family can’t come to the dinner
High- my mom can’t come to the dinner but my dad is
High- The high schoolers are coming down and my brother is coming, my mom is coming to dinner
High- the Thanksgiving dinner
Low- my mom can’t come
High- Partner revisions
Low- I am going to miss the readers today

High- Partner revisions and the readers coming down from the high school




No comments:

Post a Comment