Friday, November 9, 2018

11/8/18 Third Grade

11/8/18

Dear Families,
Here is an update:

Reading:  We are continuing to read, The War with Grandpa and are focusing on the author's craft.  We are noticing strategies he uses to write a personal narrative.

Writing: All students have chosen a topic, participated in a writing conference, and are ready to begin their personal narratives!  We will be focusing a lot on using a storyteller's voice when writing.

Upcoming Dates:
11/9 Noon Dismissal Teacher In-Service
11/12 No School, Veterans Day

High/Low

High- we got to do our commitment sheet in writing
Low- it’s cold
High- it was sunny out yesterday at recess
High- I finished the book I was reading
High- I am back to school
Low- it’s been windy at recess
High- We have gotten really far in The War with Grandpa
Low- it’s been cold
High- doing typing club
High- we are working on zebras in science
Low- it’s cold
High- I’ve been getting to play outside at recess
High- we are doing eat a rainbow
Low- it’s cold
High- it’s eat a rainbow week
Low- I got lost in the middle of the school building on Elective day
High- it’s rainbow week
High- we got to have inside recess this week
High- we’ve been going down to the lower field, I’ve been helping people make characters with legos
Low- tomorrow is a half day
High- I was able to play legos again
Low- I didn’t get help when I fell in the mud
High- It’s cold outside, reading The War with Grandpa
High- In the couple of weeks I’ve been in third grade I’ve made some great connections with you guys.  
High- Rainbow week!  
Low- Some of my students aren’t coming to school as prepared as they should (no backpacks, sweatshirts/coats etc.)
High- conferencing with students about their writing

Low- My carpet has been very noisy at the start of the day




No comments:

Post a Comment