Thursday, November 29, 2018


11/29/18

Dear Families,
What a wild November!  Our students are enjoying all of the snow and the fun that it brings.  Here is what we have been doing:

Writing:  Students are well underway drafting their Personal Narratives!  They are drafting using Google Docs.  We have really been focusing on using a storytellers voice to write our narrative.  We will begin revising our work to make it better in the next few days.

Reading:  We have started our non fiction reading unit.  Students will be focusing on how they can use non fiction text features to better understand the text.

Conferences:  We are entering the parent/teacher conference window.  Forms to sign up for conferences are going home this week. 

Upcoming Dates:

12/7  No School, Conferences
12/24-1/1  No School, Winter Breaks

High/low

High- we had a snow day and I got to play outside
Low- we couldn’t go to the lower field at recess
High- we got to start typing on the computers
Low- I missed a day of school
High- we have trimester 2 electives
High- I get to be at school with you guys
Low- we had a day off
High- second trimester electives
High- reader of the months get to go to the library
High- I am going to be doing rehearsals as a soloist, snow day
High- I am one of the readers of the month, I am here today!
Low- we haven’t gone down to the lower field
High- I got reader of the month, I have after school practice
Low- It’s been really cold
High- It’s been snowing
HIgh- It’s the second trimester
High- it’s cold outside
Low- no heat at school yesterday
High- We had a snow day
High- I got to be here!  We had to get on a different bus
High- We got to finish The War with Grandpa
Low- it was a tough ride to school today
High- We get to do boom whackers with Miss Maroney
Low- I got buried in the snow at recess
High- I got to go sledding at recess
Low- I couldn’t sled yesterday
High- How well you have done with typing, snow day
Low- we didn’t have heat!
High- snow day

Low- no heat





No comments:

Post a Comment