Thursday, February 9, 2017

2/9/217

2/9/17

Dear Families,
We hope you have had a great week.  Here is an update:

Writing:  Students learned how to create a Google Doc and have typed their descriptive writing pieces!  Today we will learn how to insert pictures to support the writing!  We are so proud of the patience and perseverence students showed while learning these new skills.  We all know that at times technology can be frustrating but they had wonderful attitudes!

Reading:  We continued reading folk tales by focusing on tall tales.  Students also met in reading groups to read and discuss a folk tale.

Important Dates:

2/10/17  No School for students
2/14/17  If students choose, they can bring in treats or cards for classmates (please refer to note sent home)


High/Low

Low- I didn’t turn in my reading log
High- In math class we are working sentence strips for the bulletin board
High- Sentence strips on the math bulletin board
Low- The snow bank shrunk
Low- The fort shrunk outside
High- We have Friday off
High- We still have sledding
Low- I slipped on the ice at recess
High- I turned in my reading log
Low- Didn’t see Mrs. Gingras yesterday
High- we got to go sledding at recess and I didn’t get soaked
High- We have tomorrow off
High- we got to type on the computers
High- We got to type on the computers
High- we got to read Paul Bunyon
High- I got to borrow Milly’s book for my reading log
Low- I didn’t like my math homework
High- We got to use computers
Low- We are not going to be here on Friday
High- Miss Moriah came in for sign language
Low- I had to use my gimme for homework
High- I read Edward Tulane
High- We have no school on Friday
Low- I didn’t finish my reading log





No comments:

Post a Comment