Friday, October 20, 2023

10/20/23 Third Grade

 10/20/23

Dear Families,

We have had a great week in third grade, here is what we have been up to!

Literacy:  We have started 'word study' with our third graders.  During this time we will be learning about letters and sounds in order to be able to decode larger words.  Also, we have been continuing to conference with students about what they are reading.

Upcoming Dates:

11/8              1 pm dismissal

11/9              No School for Students: Parent/Teacher Conference Day

11/10            No School (Veteran's Day)

11/22-11/24  No School (Thanksgiving Break)

High/Low

High- getting to spend time with my friends and making new friends

Low- it’s fall and it’s colder

High- spending time with my friends and teachers

High- science learning about birthday buddies

High- spending time with Ms. Franklin and Ms. Thompson

Low- how cold it was 

High- having recess everyday

Low- being late to school

High- The Twits, it’s Friday, science birthday buddies

High- spending time with friends, learning about birthday buddies

Low- it’s really cold

High- I am on a book response

High- spending time with my friends

Low- leaving you after Friday

High- the Halloween Parade coming up

Low- I don’t get to see you after today

High- football at recess

High- spending time with my friends

Low- I won’t be with my friends on Monday

High- The Twits

High- spending time with Ms. Franklin and Mrs. Thompson

High- Football at recess

Low- we had to find the football

High- playing football at recess

Low- I wasn’t here three days

High- The Twits and the parade

High- seeing all my friends

Low- I won’t see you on Monday

High- choice time today

High- learning new games with Mrs. B.

Low- it’s very cold

High- The Twits, book responses are going well

Low- missing three kids today

High- The Twits





No comments:

Post a Comment